Sunday, December 2, 2007

Weekly Running Log

This was a so, so week as far as exercise and general self-care. For the third week in a row, I only got out running twice, my nutrition has been lacking, and I screwed up my sleep again midweek. Actually, derailing my sleep has a lot to do with everything else. I know why I stayed up late (ok, all night) reading, and a good book is only part of it, but knowing why is unfortunately a far cry from stopping that particular destructive habit.

So I'm struggling now to get back on track, to take control again. I've done it before, so I know that I can do it again. Going running yesterday helped. Cooking so I have nutritious food to eat for a couple lunches this week helped, and I will cook some more today. I'm trying to remind myself that last week was ok. I did go running twice, and I went to pilates class on Friday. I'm getting stronger. I resisted the lure of large bags of potato chips at the grocery store, and only secumbed to a small bag one day at lunch. Yes I ate a lot of chocolate, but at least it was dark chocolate. (Hmm, potato chips and chocolate. Can you say stress eating?)

And I really want to thank Christina, Mary, and CMS because without Team CB, I don't think even the minimal amount of exercise I managed this week would have happened. I know that thinking about you guys is the only thing that got me out the door last Sunday. So a great big ((HUG)) and thanks!

3 comments:

C said...

Right back at you, Theresa!

If it helps any, I let myself eat almost all junk food on Friday. But then, against my better judgment, it rolled over into Saturday too. But I am back on track today eating veggie soup and fruit. We are allowed to have bad days. We're human.

And three days of exercise is fantastic. (See I'm parroting your words back at you! :) Especially the pilates. I should start doing that again.

Here's to a better week for the both of us and the rest of Team CB!

The Merry said...

Looks like the whole team had a bad week. A combination of weather, darkness, post-holiday stress, and oh yeah, that work/school thing.

The good news is that we can survive this and keep going... ha! No one can stop Team CB!

Keziah Fenton said...

I was all ready to head out the door this morning for a run(for Ky, I walk briskly) when I remembered he isn't allowed to run until tomorrow. Too bad because there's a light snow and it looks so pretty. No, I don't run without Ky. That would be mean.
SO rather than let Team CB down, I came up with an alternate plan. I put on a rockin cd by Spirit of the West and danced around the living room. Not too sure how the downstairs neighbours liked it. :)